Objective of the position: Advocates reach out to male and female patients facing an unplanned pregnancy or sexual health crisis with mercy and compassion. Through medical interventions, educational programs and mentoring the Advocate seeks to equip each patient for life-affirming choices and supportive resources.
Reports to: Client Services
- Expresses full agreement with Care Net of Chilton County’s Mission, Vision and foundational Statements of faith and practice
- Adheres to PRC policies and procedures
- Be a committed Christian demonstrating a mature, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Able to meet weekly with patients.
- Complete the PRC clinic volunteer training and other on-site trainings.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Mission minded, Servant hearted
- Willing to learn and grow in new knowledge & skills
- Strong communication skills
- Dependable and loyal as a team member
- Provide crisis intervention support for each client in an atmosphere of warmth and compassion through listening and encouragement.
- Present all options through accurate information about abortion, parenting and adoption.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Appropriately follow-up with clients according to the policies & guidelines of the clinic.
- Keep current on information in the pregnancy clinic referral system.
- Attend continuing education classes, monthly Lunch & Learns, volunteer staff meetings.
- Commitment to mentor and disciple patient through crisis intervention, education, and integration programs of PRC.
- Utilize time at Care Net of Chilton County to assist with Client Services Education & Administration needs to provide support to the Client Services Team.